The national flag carrier of Oman – Oman Air will introduce new baggage piece concept in January 2017. Aiming to reduce the additional charges for the overweight baggage, the airline is planning to change the baggage concept.
All the passengers of Oman Air can carry only one piece as free checked-in baggage that weighs not more than 30 KG and linear dimensions of 158 cm. The airline says that 30 KG baggage cannot be divided into two or three pieces.
The passengers carrying excess baggage will be charged OMR20 for the first additional baggage of 20 KG or the passengers can pay a reduced charge of OMR16 through online in advance for the same additional baggage. While, there is no change in hand-baggage allowance.
Oman Air Baggage Allowance:
- Business class and first class passengers can carry one extra bag that weighs not more than 20 KG.
- Business class passengers with Gold and Silver Sindbad cards can carry one extra bag that weighs not more than 30 KG.
- Economy class passengers with Gold and Silver Sindbad cards can carry one additional bag of maximum weight of 20 KG.
Also, the airline will launch the pricing for Specialist baggage (such as pets, musical and sporting equipment and anything that measures more than 158 cm).
Oman Air hand baggage allowance:
- First and business class – 2 pieces, each weighs up to 14 KG (not more than 115 cm of linear dimension)
- Economy class – 1 piece that weighs not more than 7 KG (should not exceed linear dimension of 115 cm)
About Oman Air:
Oman Air serves both domestic and international routes with its hubs at Muscat International Airport and Salalah Airport. Enjoy the award winning services on the sky and get a sense of the Omani hospitality, great in-flight entertainment and much more. Oman Air flights connect to Africa, Asia, Middle East and Europe.